At the Table Nutrition can meet all of your nutrition needs. We are experienced in nutrition counselling for all age groups, from infants to seniors. Since everyone has different needs and goals, counselling sessions can be customized just for you. Our nutritionists are trained to translate the latest nutrition science into meals and eating plans that make sense to you, your health, and your lifestyle.
Keep in mind – we do not support fad diets. Instead, At the Table is committed to helping our clients make sustainable long-term changes towards healthy eating and healthy living. At the Table offers nutrition counselling by experienced and registered dietitians and nutritionists who use an integrative approach.
Depending on your individual needs, we can custom design a session or group of sessions specifically for you. All services are HST exempt.
- What, when, why and how much to eat
- Healthy meals in a hurry and fitting nutrition into busy lifestyles
- Meal planning suggestions: Breakfasts, Lunches, Suppers and Snacks
- Strategies for increasing satiety and fullness
- How to build balanced meals to maximize energy throughout your day
- Portion sizes specifically for you
- Recipes for quick and healthy meals
- Eating out/travel strategies and recommended food choices
- Grocery shopping tips and which staple foods to keep on hand
- Education on how different foods impact your medical health (for example: how different foods affect your blood sugars, blood pressure, bone health, cancer risk, digestive health and cholesterol levels)
- Sports nutrition advice and what to eat and drink before, during and after exercise/activity
- Strategies for staying motivated and overcoming challenges
- The food-mood connection and addressing emotional eating
- "Ask the dietitian" session to get answers to a list of all your questions
- Advice on vitamins, minerals, herbs and dietary supplements
Common Areas of Counselling
- General health and wellness
- Nutrition to boost your energy
- Weight management (weight loss and weight gain)
- Cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes and other blood sugar concerns
- Glycemic index
- Low iron and anemia
- Sports nutrition
- Eating disorders (binge eating, anorexia nervosa and bulimia)
- Gastrointestinal issues (irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's and colitis)
- Vegetarian or vegan nutrition
- Food allergies or intolerances, including Celiac Disease and lactose intolerance
- Osteoporosis or low bone density
- Pregnancy and infant nutrition
- Family nutrition and meal planning
- Pediatric nutrition for such things as picky eating and growth concerns
- And more!
What if I am unsure which program is best for me?
Give us a call or contact us by email to discuss your personal needs or decide when you come in for your first visit.